Apparently there are those of you who read this and would like an update, so here goes: (Beware, its a little long..)
We moved to Meridian in November, to a 4 bedroom house that we are renting. We are really enjoying the new area. Here are some pics, just for Adri:View of the front room from the kitchen
The VERY tiny but manageable kitchen
There is also a TV/toy room in the back of the house, an office/craft room on the main floor, and the two kids bedrooms and our room upstairs. We have a huge backyard that we are working on putting a raised bed garden and some kind of a swing set into.
Here are some other updates:
-Steve started a temp job with the county elections office that he likes and hopefully will turn into something more.
-I am only working one shift a week and transferred to the Mother/Baby Unit. I love snuggling the newborns and being a part of that exciting time in family's lives.
-Emrie is about 3 1/2 and the most inquisitive little girl!
-Carter turned ONE in March and is such a boy. Everything is a ball, and he has a pretty good arm for a baby. He can even catch. He is into EVERYTHING; especially the garbage, the dishwasher, the toilet, and the shoe baskets. He is completely content with grunting, moaning, and saying "DAH! DAH!" to get what he wants. Gotta love that little stinker.
We took her to meet David Archuleta, because she IS, seriously, his biggest fan. Did any other kids out there listen to a "David" mix CD at bedtime instead of lullabies?
Giving the dog a checkup at the children's discovery center. And that outfit is her "ballerina barbie" dress up. So she tells me.
Carter after eating he ice cream birthday cake. Best. Idea. Ever. We are never having regular cake again at this house.
Both kids have been sick in the past couple weeks, both in Urgent Care, and Emrie was even in the ER for a few hours. It made for some really long nights, but Carter recovered quickly from tonsillitis and Emrie's almost done her antibiotics for the UTI (basically a bladder infection) they found a few days after the ER visit.
Here's how our Easter Sunday started:
Emrie had been having fevers for 4 straight days, but with no real other symptoms besides tummy pain, an ER visit with no diagnosis, and managing the fever with Motrin, we decided she could brave sacrament meeting. I had to lead the choir for Easter and she didn't want to leave my side. 15 minutes into church, the medicine started to wear off and the fever came back quick. She started crying and squirming all over the bench saying her tummy hurt. I then had to go up to lead a song, and then remain on the stand during a talk so I could lead the next song. At that point, Steve took both kids out. All of a sudden, Emrie comes barreling back in the chapel and down the aisle toward the stand crying "Mommy! Mommy!" between dry heaves. Sure that she was about to throw up, I scooped her up and ran out the side door of the chapel. At that point she calmed down a little but I knew she had to go home, so I carried her to the car and Steve drove off. I then walked back into the chapel from the back, noticing that the speaker was done and everyone was just sitting in silence. I walked straight to the stand and led the song, trying to ignore the "what just happened?!" looks they all gave me, and hurried home. We spent the rest of the day debating whether or not to go back to the ER, and found out the next morning about her infection. Needless, to say it was an Easter to remember.
Here's some Emrie quotes to send you out:
After reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar, "That's so cute mom! He got his butterfly dress-up on!
Upon hearing daddy singing a song from Billy Madison, "Daddy, what princess song are you singing?"
Completely unprovoked:
"Mommy, when I have a baby brother, I'll be nice to him."
After putting away some old clothes, and telling her we'll save them in case she has a sister.
"Okay, when she comes I will be nice to her."
While looking out the window several days later:
"I'm going to have a baby brother AND a sister!"
Me: "At the same time? Like, twins?"
Emrie: "Yep.
Oh heavens.
Les Miserables
5 years ago
3 comments:
So good to hear how you guys are doing! That sounds intense with both kids getting so sick. I'm glad they are getting better though. Emrie sounds like she's enjoying being a big sister lol. :) Good luck with everything!
Thanks for posting! It was great. I had no idea that Easter was so exciting for you guys, so I'm especially glad you wrote! And good luck with getting twins.
I look forward to reading your next post in a year or so.
I couldn't help but laugh when I saw Adri's post on your facebook wall. But I am happy to hear an update from you guys! Glad that the kids are feeling better--we miss you all!
Post a Comment